We are accustomed to periodically clean bedding such as covers, sheets, etc. because we are aware that we spend a lot of time in them, we support the face and sleep. But we are not aware that we also spend many hours on the sofa or in the armchairs of our living room, we sit with the clothes of the street and the pets come up to them. If they are not cleaned frequently, they can be a very attractive place for harmful particles to reproduce, which can affect our health. And many people do not follow proper cleaning measures with the upholstery of the sofa or armchairs.
Here are some basic tips for cleaning upholstery and hard stains:
- It is advisable to dust weekly or every few days, to prevent it from accumulating in the tissues. An easy way to do this is by using the vacuum cleaner.
- You should never apply stain remover product throughout the furniture without having tried it in a small area to check that the fabric tolerates it.
- If upholstery stains are caused, they should be cleaned as quickly as possible so that they do not dry out and get impregnated in the upholstery.
- Recent food or drink stains are usually rubbed with a microfiber cloth dampened with water or with neutral soap.
- If the sofa upholstery is removable, it can be washed in the washing machine to remove stains. Always at low temperature and with short programs.
From Texere we always recommend following the manufacturer’s instructions before washing the fabrics.